Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rosy Shrug, triumphing


HelenMary 08001.JPG, originally uploaded by ceciliamadden.

And lo, here is the Rosy civilisation shrug, finished, and magically ensuring that somehow, these are the only dancefloor photos I've ever seen that don't look ludicrous. I chalk it up to the elegance of the pattern, myself.

Size made: 36, no mods apart from knitting for about 2cm on 5mm needles at the very end of the ribbing, which gave it more of a frilly edging. It is gorgeous, and it was perfect for the occasion, and I am so grateful to Aileen for her gorgeous design!

(I'm also madly in love with my beautiful lady, but sssh. You probably guessed that anyway. It was a blissful, magical day, full of sparkle and sunshine, and we just couldn't stop smiling and smiling.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunningly beautiful!

And the shrug is lovely, too.

Prof. Askey said...

Helen, Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both :)

The shrug is indeed most stunning & worthy of the occasion!

la glitz said...

Thank you so much, lovely ladies!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Your shrug looks so soft and airy the drape is fantastic:)Hugs Darcy